Overmoulding Solutions - Custom Overmoulded Cable Assemblies
The process of low pressure over-moulding around other components provides extra protection and strain relief to cables ensuring that the interface between the cable and backshell of the connector are not damaged.
Cable Overmoulding is an innovation positioned between potting and injection moulding technologies.
From the design stage of your project, we have the capability and experience to advise you and help you design the cable loom to suit your requirements, using a combination of bespoke build-to-order and off- the shelf products.
Assembly overmould designCustom cables, connectors, and backshells for military and industrial applications.
Custom moulds for industry-specific marketsOur expertise consists of working with customers in the medical, defense, aerospace and electronics industries
Custom tooled mould castsLogos, letters, numbers, designators, and names.
Over-moulding connectors as part of a cable assembly no longer requires high volume production to cover the cost of tooling.
Advantages of Low Pressure Over-Moulding
- No damage to the electrical parts & gentle pre-moulding of connectors
- Extremely durable
- Improved reliability
- Complete sealing of the components - Watertight encapsulation
- Short cycle time to completion (15 - 45 seconds)
- No hazardous fumes from materials
- Non-toxic, single component, (UL94-V0) approved
- Suitable alternative to conformal coating
- RoSH compliant
There are many benifits of over-moulding:
- Rugged , almost unbreakable protection - resistance to shock
- Effective strain relief
- Attractive - Option to mould company logos or part numbers
- Maintain shielding for EMC & EMI properties
- Mould in bushes or other mechanical fixings easily
- Tamperproof and environmentally sealed
Our Overmoulding Service
- Design to delivery custom made cables
- 3D Cad facility
- Bespoke packaging and labelling on request
- 100% quality assurance and testing
- Excellent support and outstanding service
For more information please contact our sales team on 01189 325 120 or via email here