Cost effective Over-Moulding Solution from Hunter Cable Assembly Ltd
Over-moulding connectors as part of a cable assembly no longer requires high volume production to cover the cost of tooling.
Hunter Cable Assembly now has the capability to supply cost effective Over-Moulding Solutions.
Over moulding Facts:
- Durable, rugged design often improves mechanical reliability, e.g. resistance to shock
- Design flexibility -
Custom design of mouldings
e.g., family of connectors or clear product range
- Design improved ergonomics or grip to your products
- Pcb’s and other components e.g. Ferrites can easily be over moulded
- Once moulded the product is tamperproof and environmentally sealed
- Overmoulding makes it easy to encapsulate fragile components
- Overmoulding is an alternative to conformal coating
- RoHS compliant
Low pressure moulding is perfect for Low to medium volume production 50+ units.
Low pressure moulding is a manufacturing process that sits between injection moulding and potting.
Moulds for standard D-type connectors are already available, so production can commence in a short timescale without the need to procure tooling.
Custom tools can be designed in house and sourced within 6-8 weeks, often less. The scope for over-moulded components is enormous with the possibility of incorporating printed circuits, ferrites, multiple cable entry points to identify a few of the applications.
There are many benefits of over-moulding: rugged, almost unbreakable protection; built in strain relief; cosmetically attractive; possibility of incorporating company logos.
If you would like to know more about over moulding your cable assemblies please
or call us on 01189 325 120.